An Event for the Ages The Sixth Annual Newport Beach Wooden Boat Festival at the Balboa Yacht Club will be the must-go-to-place for gathering 50 of the best wooden hull boats on the West Coast. WILD GOOSE
Arguably Newport Harbor’s most famous wooden yacht, the ever-resident Wild Goose will be on display at the 2019 Newport Beach Wooden Boat Festival.
Tour Wild Goose for free at the Wooden Boat Festiva. lBeginning her life as a minesweeper in 1942, this vessel saw action with the Canadian Navy in World War II. In 1965 she was purchased and renamed the Wild Goose by legendary actor John Wayne.
Converted into a luxuriously-appointed yacht, Wild Goose served as a backdrop for celebrity events, family vacations, and infamous poker sessions with such luminaries as Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., and Bob Hope.
Measuring 136 feet long with 25-foot beam, the vessel still sports the solid brass plates installed by the Navy to protect her prow while hunting for mines.
John Wayne’s famous yacht will be available during the festival for free tours and plenty of selfies.
Complimentary Shuttle from
Corporate Plaza to Balboa Yacht Club
Water Taxi pickup around Harbor
Enjoy the welcoming hospitality of the Balboa Yacht Club:
* View up to 50 classic show-ready wooden vessels on land and in the water
* Tour aboard the 1929 100-foot elegant and fan-tail yacht Electra
* Sailboat rides aboard 1926 82-foot classic schooner Curlew
* Enjoy the music of a live band by the bay
* Water Taxi to/from the event and voyage to Ocean Quest at the Fun Zone
* Purchase delicious food and libations from 11 am to 4 pm
* Vote “People’s Choice” Awards and Applaud “Best of Show Awards”
* Youth toy boat building & Silent Auction items to benefit youth sailing
* Visit exhibitor booths showcasing nautical art, supplies and accessories
Friday, June 7, 2019
10 am – 6 pm: Boat Entrant Check-in, packets, swag bag and boat placement.
5-6:30 pm: VIP Welcome Reception aboard John Wayne’s Wild Goose.
Saturday, June 8, 2019
7-9:30 am: Final Set-up
10:00 am: Open to the Public
10:00 am: Wild Goose tours
4:30-5 pm: Closing Celebration
5:30 pm: End of Public Viewing (Boats can stay until 11:00 am, Sunday, June 10, 2018)
Sunday, June 9, 2019
11:00 am: Wooden Boat Parade – 90 minutes around Balboa Island.
All boats and exhibitors must have removed all their property from BYC grounds.
Balboa Yacht Club 1801 Bayside Drive, Corona del Mar, CA 92625 | 949.673.3515